Thursday, February 2, 2023

He's Coming! Moises Caicedo agent breaks silence on failed transfer amid major Jorginho verdict

Rio Ferdinand delivers Jorginho to Arsenal verdict amid ‘big’ summer transfer prediction

Despite the signing of Jorginho, former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand expects the Gunners to be in the market for another midfielder in the summer. Declan Rice and Moises Caicedo are set to be the top targets for Arteta and Edu with both players valued higher than £80million.

Ferdinand believes that the Italian midfielder is just a ‘stop-gap’ for the remainder of the season, and that the Gunners will be on the lookout for a big deal in the summer. The ex-United star said on his YouTube channel: “He’s a fine technician on the ball and I think he will be a point of difference to Partey.

“He can come in if need be and fill that gap with the experience he’s got. I don’t see him being a starter for Arsenal, I’ve got to be honest.

“I don’t think Jorginho is a long-term signing. He’s a stop-gap and they will get a big midfielder in the summer.”

Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka in Football Black List 2022

Arsenal star Bukayo Saka and Chelsea summer signing Raheem Sterling have both been recognised on the Football Black List. The Football Black List is an initiative to highlight the most influential black figures in the game.

Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford joins Saka and Sterling on the list, which also features Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira and Burnley manager Vincent Kompany. Pundit and ex-England player Lianne Sanderson is also on this year’s list.

Moises Caicedo agent breaks silence on failed Arsenal transfer

Moises Caicedo’s new agent claims a transfer move for the Brighton star to Arsenal is the “dream of his whole life”.

The 21-year-old requested to leave the Albion after the Gunners submitted a £60million offer for him last week but the midfielder will stay with Roberto De Zerbi’s men until the end of the season at the very least. The north London side returned with an improved £70million bid before the January transfer window shut but the Seagulls insisted the Ecuadorian international was not for sale.

Now his agent, Manuel Sierra, has spoken about his client’s failed move to Arsenal. He said Caicedo, whose contract on the south coast runs until the summer of 2025, was handed an opportunity that may not come round again.

“The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moisés [Caicedo] says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life. That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life,” Sierra told Marca90Ec, via Olé.

“And we helped draft the [Instagram and Twitter] statement. In that statement, he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League. We don’t know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can’t know what’s going to happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top