Thursday, April 13, 2023

GOOD NEWS: Edu plots £35m swoop for 'next Sergio Aguero' as Man City handed title race boost

Man City handed fresh title race boost as Premier League make Arsenal fixture schedule decision

Manchester City have been handed a fresh advantage over title rivals Arsenal following the Premier League’s latest fixture schedule announcement. The Gunners have seen the clash against London rivals Chelsea, that was due to be played on Saturday April 29, rescheduled for Tuesday May 2.

City are still awaiting confirmation regarding a rearranged date for their fixture against Brighton with the game having been postponed due to both teams’ involvement in the FA Cup. The Premier League’s decision to move Arsenal’s clash against Chelsea now means that Pep Guardiola’s side will play before the Gunners in that gameweek.

In fact, City will now play before Arsenal in four of the seven game weeks that both teams feature in between now and the end of the season. One of the other three game weeks will see City welcome Arsenal to the Etihad Stadium, so both teams will therefore play at the same time.

Arsenal and Chelsea are both ‘pushing hard’ to sign Brazilian talent Vitor Roque this summer. The 18-year-old continues to impress in South America and has been compared to the likes of Manchester City legend Sergio Aguero and former City and Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez.

According to TEAMtalk, the 18-year-old forward will definitely be available for transfer later this year as Athletico Paranaense simply cannot keep him. Barcelona had been leading the chase, but those negotiations have stalled due to the Spanish club’s financial difficulties.

The Catalan giants proposed an initial loan with an obligation to buy in 2024, but that Paranaense would prefer to sell Roque for a fee in the region of €40million (£35.1milion). The report adds that Arsenal and Chelsea have both been in contact with Roque’s camp with the two London rivals pushing hard to sign him, as they know the opportunity to agree a transfer for £35.1million transfer is one that is simply too good to turn down given the player’s talent and potential.

Supercomputer predicts Premier League title race outcome as Man City hold advantage over Arsenal

FiveThirtyEight’s Premier League table supercomputer has now offered an updated prediction for how the title race will end – but it’s not good news for Arsenal fans. The supercomputer has predicted City to win a fifth title in six years, finishing a single point ahead of the north London outfit.

City are projected to finish on 88 points with a goal difference of +63 – with a 60% chance of winning the title from their final nine fixtures. Arsenal have just a 40% chance on winning the title, despite being six points clear, and are projected to finish on 87 points with a goal difference of +48.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top