Monday, July 17, 2023

Gremio president breaks silence on Bitello's future amid Arsenal transfer links

Gremio president Alberto Guerra has played down talk of midfielder Bitello leaving during the summer transfer window amid talk of a move to Arsenal.

Radio Guaiba’s Rafael Pfeiffer reported last week that the Gunners are interested in signing Brazilian gem Bitello, with the club sending representatives to scout the player before submitting a bid. But Guerra has claimed that those reports are wide of the mark, saying that his side have received no official proposal for the 23-year-old.

Speaking to Zona Mista, he said: “There are a lot of people watching Bitello, but there is no proposal, even to reassure our fans, at the moment.” Bitello typically operates as an all-action number eight in a midfield pivot or as a No.10.

But last season, he was also utilised as a false nine or right-wing on occasion. It remains to be seen just how much Arsenal are interested in the talented youngster, who recently admitted he is happy at Gremio following interest from Ligue 1 side Monaco.

 

“It seems that an offer has arrived, apparently from Monaco, but I haven’t spoken to my coach about it yet,” he said, via GFFN. “I have a contract here.

“I am happy and focused on Gremio. The upcoming championship is thrilling.”

The Gunners have been extremely busy during the first month of the summer transfer window, spending over £200million to recruit Kai Havertz, Jurrien Timber and Declan Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top